Dental implants in Islamabad restore the functionality and aesthetics of missing teeth. A dental implant serves as a foundation of dental restoration via crowns, bridges or dentures processes. It offers a seamless blend with surrounding teeth, providing a natural and radiant smile. Furthermore, it maintains jawbone health and prevents teeth shifting. Considering its importance, it is incumbent to protect the implant. This blog will inform you about whether smoking can impact dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
These are advanced biocompatible tooth replacements used to conceal missing teeth in order to maintain the aesthetics of your radiant smile. These dental prosthetics are used to restore the functionality of your teeth. A dental implant replaces your missing teeth, offers a fine resemblance and looks like a natural tooth. If you have lost your tooth and can not fully enjoy your favorite food, then dental implants in Islamabad can restore the original feeling of your teeth and enable you to eat your favorite dishes without any worry.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Dental implants offer a seamless resemblance to natural teeth, offering a seamless and radiant smile
- This procedure improves the overall functionality of the teeth
- Unlike traditional bridges, this procedure offers better chewing ability
- This is a permanent solution to missing teeth, making it a cost-effective and enduring treatment
- Dental implants in Islamabad prevent teeth from shifting and also cause no harm to the adjacent teeth
Does Smoking Have Any Impact on Dental Implants?
Smoking can significantly impact on dental implants. Chemicals in tobacco can reduce blood flow to the implanted site, impeding the osseointegration process- the bonding of implants with the jawbone. This might be the reason that smokers have been found to experience high rates of implant failure because implants do not integrate with the jawbone properly, leading to failure.
Here are a few impacts of smoking
- Smoking damages the longevity of implants because it hinders proper integration
- Smoking also damages the body’s immune system, limiting smokers’ ability to fight off infections
- As it impairs the immune system, increasing the risk of complications
- It also slows down the healing process after dental implants, extending recovery time
Can I Have Dental Implants If I Smoke?
Although in normal conditions, you can undergo this treatment no matter if you are a smoker. But this is not the case every time. Smoking also disturbs teeth structure, and a time comes when you are not in a position to have dental implants in Islamabad. It is always advised to quit smoking, and if you cannot, then you must limit the number of cigarettes. Additionally, if you are a smoker, you must get your teeth structure checked by a professional.
Tips To Reduce Implant Failure
- Quit smoking in the first place. If not possible, then avoid smoking before and after the procedure
- Inform your dentist about your smoking habit for suitable and custom-made treatment
- Undergo a thorough examination to evaluate bone density and oral health
- Do not compromise on oral hygiene, and make sure regular brushing and antibacterial mouthwash
- Follow the instructions of your dentist for optimal results
How to take care of your dental implants when you smoke?
If you are the type of person who cannot quit smoking, then you must pay close attention to maintain your oral health. Smoking can cause gum disease, dental plaque, etc. To avoid these conditions, you must clean around the implant twice a day, brush all the implant surfaces, and it is better if you use an electric toothbrush.
The Bottom Line!
Dental implants in Islamabad improve the aesthetics of your teeth and create a seamless blend with adjacent teeth. Furthermore, it stops tooth shifting and also restores a gorgeous smile. Notably, taking care of the implant is imperative. Smoking can have a significant impact on implants, but this impact is totally negative. It can even lead to dental implant failure.
If you are looking for a permanent solution and are worried about the aesthetics of your smile, then visit Royal Cosmetic Surgery Islamabad for proper consultation and treatment. Here, you will get the services of highly skilled and experienced professionals who will lead you through this journey of dental implants.