Birthmarks and non-cancerous growths known as hemangiomas can appear at the moment of birth or in the first few weeks after birth. This bright red growth is made up of many blood vessels under the skin and frequently resembles a rubber bump. Hemangiomas can develop anywhere on the body, but the scalp, face, chest, and back are where they most frequently show up. Royal Cosmetic Clinic is offering Hemangiomas Treatment In Islamabad that can treat this skin condition.
On this page, you will learn about hemangioma treatment including its causes, procedure, results, benefits, cost and many more. So, take a moment and read the following details.
What Are Hemangiomas?
Hemangiomas are a form of tumor that shows up on your skin as red or purple lumps. They are formed from blood vessel wall cells that divide quickly. They might already exist at birth or just start to show themselves in young children.
Although infants and children tend to develop hemangiomas more frequently, adults can still have them. In actuality, cherry hemangiomas are present in roughly 75% of adults over the age of 75. The main causes of hemangiomas are as follows:
- When a mother is pregnant and abnormal blood vessels cluster or aggregate in the placenta during gestation or the development of the baby, hemangiomas are developed.
- Endothelial cell overgrowth is another factor in hemangiomas.
Different Variations Of Hemangiomas:
According to experts, different types of hemangiomas appear on different skins. Some common types are listed below
- Superficial: Initially flat, these hemangiomas develop a bright red color and an uneven, elevated skin surface.
- Deep: These hemangiomas are bluish-purple growths with deep roots. The surface of these lesions is not elevated.
- Mixed or Combined: Both superficial and deep hemangiomas’ attributes are present in these growths.
Best Treatments For Hemangiomas:
According to the royal cosmetic clinic, For a small, single hemangioma, no treatment is typically required. It will likely go away without any medical help. Hemangiomas that turn into sores or ulcerations or that become an aesthetic concern, however, might need to be treated.
Here are some common and effective treatments for treating hemangiomas;
- Corticosteroid Medications – To control the inflammation and slow the growth of the lesion, corticosteroids are mainly steroid medicines injected into the lesion.
- Laser Therapy – Hemangiomas that are formed in the top layers of skin can be successfully treated with laser therapy. The topical anaesthetic solution is first used during this procedure. The appearance of visible blood vessels is then diminished by the laser technician’s application of the laser beam to the lesion. To get the desired results, you might need several laser treatments.
- Surgical treatment – When a cavernous hemangioma begins damaging nearby healthy skin tissues, surgery is typically recommended. Your doctor might decide to do surgery if your hemangioma produces painful symptoms. Excision is a step in the surgical removal of a hemangioma. The surgeon puts you to sleep with a general anaesthetic before beginning the procedure. The tumour is then removed by making a skin incision.
What To Expect In Results?
After getting Hemangiomas Treatment In Islamabad, Hemangiomas can be successfully treated, but you should be very careful when choosing your surgeon to ensure that you get the results you want with the fewest possible risks.
For best outcomes, hemangiomas laser therapy calls for several sessions, and the lesion may need to be completely gone for a few months. The results, though, are strong and long-lasting. So, you have to trust your skin specialists and take good care of your skin even after the treatment.
Generally, there are multiple benefits to getting treatment for hemangiomas. Some major and common benefits are mentioned below
- It is a minimally invasive, safe, and successful treatment.
- Painless procedure and does not require any cuts or incisions.
- There are no significant side effects connected to it.
- Minimum recovery time and no downtime are required.
- You will get effective and long-lasting results.
- Such treatment options are cost-effective.
- Suitable for all skin types.
How To Prepare For Treatment?
It is necessary to prepare yourself for undergoing the treatment of hemangiomas. Your practitioner will examine your medical history and recommend you some precautions. A few common and specific precautions for treating this condition are mentioned below
- Let your doctor know about any allergies you have.
- Inform your doctor what results in you hope to achieve.
- Use prescription medications as directed.
- Complete all of the required tests.
- Do not smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
The procedure will be performed by expert and experienced practitioners. The procedural steps are mentioned below
- Anesthesia will be given to the patient for making it a painless procedure.
- After that, if the method of treating hemangiomas is laser or surgical then the practitioner will work accordingly.
- Then making changes and removing hemangiomas from the skin. It may take a few hours to properly clear them.
- Lastly, the cooling gel will be applied if the procedure will be performed with laser but otherwise, the surgical procedure requires a bandage or antibacterial solution.
The lesions may lighten or darken after the therapy, but they will eventually disappear. Immediately following the treatment, you will experience a stinging sensation. Redness, some swelling, and bruising may remain for a few days but will gradually fade completely.
After the procedure, you have to take good care of the treated area. It may take several days to get recovered but there are some instructions that are necessary to follow. Such as
- Do not let the treated area wet for at least a few initial days.
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to relieve pain and swelling.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for too long.
- It would be best if you use recommended products on the treated area.
- In case of a severe reaction, inform your practitioner immediately.
Cost Of Hemangiomas Treatment At RCS:
The cost of Hemangiomas Treatment In Islamabad may vary from person to person because everyone doesn’t have the same concerns.
Also, there are some factors that can affect the cost of the treatment. For example, expert practitioner’s fee, location and reputation of the clinic, type of method, size and severity of hemangiomas and other additional charges.
The cost will be calculated after asking about the concerns and affordability of the candidate. Furthermore, if you want to know more about the cost or its factors then you can contact us or visit our clinic anytime.
Book Your Appointment With Us!
Therefore, you can schedule a consultation with one of our experienced specialists if you’d like additional information about individual hemangioma treatment. To help our patients decide whether to undergo the therapy or not, we provide a free initial consultation. So make an appointment right now.