Due to aging, childbirth, weight gain, or loss fluctuations, women may experience an enlargement of their inner or outer labia. When the labia majora or minora are enlarged, it can cause a woman to be more concerned about the appearance of her vulva. The extra-hanging skin can also be very uncomfortable when you are wearing tight clothing or cause pain when you are exercising.
Labiaplasty Surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan generally requires local anesthesia. However, some patients may require an oral sedative medication for more comfort during the procedure. You will be asked to lay down comfortably on a table with your legs wide open.
Methods of Labiaplasty:
Depending on the desire and needs of the patient, there are 2 commonly administered methods to carry out a labiaplasty procedure. These methods are:
- Trim method
- Wedge method
The trim method is used when the patient only wants to remove extra tissue from the labia.
The wedge method is a relatively newer technique to trim labiaplasty. Using this method, your plastic surgeon removes a pie-shaped piece known as a “wedge” from both sides of the labia and then joins the remaining edges together with the help of dissolvable stitches.
It is very common nowadays that a labiaplasty procedure can be combined with other vaginal rejuvenation procedures such as a perineoplasty, vaginoplasty, or clitoral hood reduction.
The main aim of a Labiaplasty Treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan procedure is to eliminate extra skin extra tissue so that no additional skin or tissue is left outside of the labia majora.
The suitable candidate for a labiaplasty is the one who is not happy with the appearance of stretched out or sagging labia or someone who is experiencing discomfort due to excess hanging labial skin.
Pros and Cons of Labiaplasty:
- Improved Self Confidence
- Enhanced Self Esteem
- Painful Urination
Labiaplasty Surgery in Islamabad, Rawalpindi & Pakistan procedure addresses the following concerns:
- You must stop taking blood-thinning medications at least 2 weeks before the procedure
- Smoking is also not advisable 4 weeks before and after the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol for 2 days prior to the procedure
- Local anesthesia with sedation will be administered
- The trim method will be used to remove excess tissues directly
- The wedge method will remove a triangular piece of tissue from the labia and close the edges of the tissue together
- The closure is done with dissolvable stitches
- You might experience mild swelling
- Spot bleeding can also be seen in some cases
- You must keep the pelvis elevated when possible
- You might resume your office within a week
- You will be advised to avoid strenuous exercise for at least 3 weeks
- Avoid sexual activity for at least 6 weeks
- Results are immediately noticeable right after the procedure
- Results are Permanent
- Results might be affected by a pregnancy, childbirth, or natural aging