Acne is undoubtedly a teenager’s worst fear. Those annoying pimples frequently appear at the wrong time and destroy the otherwise beautiful appearance. The majority of people no longer experience this issue as they become older. However, others may continue to struggle with this issue long into their 20s and beyond. Acne scarring is unavoidable under such circumstances.
Scars from acne are particularly common on the face, chest, and back. Around 80% of people between the ages of 11 and 30 will experience acne, and one in five will leave behind scars. You can find Acne scar treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan at the royal cosmetic clinic.
On this page, you will learn everything about acne scars, their treatment, results, benefits, cost, and many more. So take a moment and read the following details.
What Is an Acne scar?
Acne scars are permanent indentations on the skin following a major acne outbreak, as opposed to transient red marks on the skin. Large pus-filled cysts are the hallmark of severe acne.
Scars from acne are typically the result of lesions like papules, cysts, and pustules that are extremely inflammatory. Acne outbreaks harm the tissues of the skin below when they pierce the skin deeply. The body heals this damage once the acne has cleared.
Collagen, a crucial protein that supports the skin, is created throughout this healing phase. The overproduction or underproduction of collagen causes acne scars to form. The quantity of collagen generated affects the kind of scar as well.
An Acne scar Treatments:
According to the royal cosmetic clinic, there are several types of treatments that are used to perform for treating an acne scar. Of course, our dermatologist will always recommend a suitable treatment after reviewing the condition of the scar. However, some effective treatments are mentioned below.
- Chemical peel – To promote the growth of new skin, our dermatologist will use safe chemicals to remove the top layer of your skin during this procedure. Depending on the type of scarring, various chemicals and acids are utilized. Compounds used in deeper peels and mild chemicals like glycolic acid are included.
- Dermabrasion – The outermost layers of the skin are sanded away using a specific spinning tool. The appearance of boxcar scars can be significantly improved with this procedure, although it may take several sessions to achieve the desired outcome.
- Dermal fillers – In order to enhance the skin’s appearance and smooth out its texture, this procedure includes injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin’s recessed regions. Fillers are injected beneath the scar, and they start working right away. Soft tissue fillers can also gradually increase skin volume and lessen the appearance of scars.
- Micro-needling – The scars’ surface is rubbed with a tiny roller that is covered in tiny needles. The needles puncture the skin to create small healing pockets and promote the creation of collagen.
- Laser treatment – A strong light beam is used in laser therapy to either remove the outer layers of skin (ablative laser) or to encourage the formation of collagen in the inner skin layers (non-ablative laser).
The Final Results:
After getting the relevant and best treatment for acne scars, you will obtain effective, noticeable, and instant results. Also, the results may vary from person to person, so always trust your dermatologist and the healing process.
These all treatments are non-invasive and may require multiple sessions to reduce the appearance of scars properly. Moreover, it would be best if you choose an experienced and professional dermatologist who can perform your treatment perfectly and provide you with a satisfying result.
Generally, there are several benefits of choosing such treatments for treating your unwanted and unpleasant acne scars. Somehow, the common benefits are listed below.
- Effective and painless treatments.
- Provide you instant and desirable results.
- Make your skin smooth and softer than before.
- Cost-effective and affordable solutions.
- Suitable for everyone, both men and women.
- Improve your appearance and enhance your confidence.
- No major side effects or complications.
- Quick performance with satisfying services.
Who Are the Right Candidates?
Before undergoing the Acne scar treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan, you must initially consult with a dermatologist. They will examine the condition and let you know whether you are a good candidate for chosen treatment or not. However, the common criteria are mentioned below.
- A person must be above 18 age.
- You don’t have active acne.
- Having mild to moderate scars.
- Mentally and physically prepared for the treatment.
- If you have other skin issues, then sort them first.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women aren’t eligible.
How To Prepare?
Your dermatologist will prescribe you a few precautions that are necessary to follow. This treatment is non-surgical, so it may not have too many precautions. But you have to prepare yourself for the treatment by following these instructions;
- Do not take blood-thinning medications.
- Keep yourself hydrated and take a healthy diet.
- If you have any other skin problem, then treat it first.
- Submit your medical history to your dermatologist.
An expert dermatologist will perform the acne scar procedure as it is an in-office-based treatment. The treatment options are mentioned above, and any of them will be performed with simple and straightforward procedural steps.
However, it may require an anesthetic effect to make the procedure painless. The procedure’s total duration will depend upon the number of scars and the type of treatment. Otherwise, such treatments only take 1 to 2 hours to treat such scars. After that, you can go home or to work.
After the procedure, your dermatologist will prescribe you some aftercare instructions that are necessary to follow during recovery. Otherwise, you may experience side effects or worst skin conditions. Anyhow, a few common instructions are listed below.
- Do not go out in direct sunlight; it can affect your skin.
- Use prescribed medication and creams for soothing.
- You can use the cooling gel as well.
- Avoid touching, rubbing, or scratching the treated areas.
- Keep the area clean and dirt free.
- Don’t take blood thinning medications.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- In case of a severe reaction, inform immediately.
The Cost Of Acne scar Treatment At Rcs:
The average cost of Acne scar treatment in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan range between 8,000 PKR TO 20,000 PKR. As mentioned above, there are several treatment options, and they have different cost ranges. Also, multiple factors can affect the cost of the treatment, such as
- Choosing the experienced dermatologist.
- The reputation of the clinic.
- Clinic’s location or area.
- Traveling expense.
- A number of sessions.
- Type of acne scar treatment.
- Other additional charges.
Furthermore, you can contact or visit us anytime for more information. We are here to provide every bit of information to those who are still confused about these factors.
Book Your Appointment With Us!
Although several treatments can make acne scars less obvious, they can still be frustrating. Although the majority of scars are permanent, a healthcare provider can help you determine the best course of action to minimize the visibility of your scars.
So, if you are the one who needs to get rid of acne scars, then feel free to consult us and book your appointment anytime. We are waiting to make your skin smoother and softer.