Almost everyone has a scar on some part of their body. There is no need to be concerned as long as these scars are well concealed beneath your clothing. However, if they are inconspicuous and are present somewhere on your face, hands, forearms, or feet, they can be embarrassing, if not irritating, for most people.
However, a procedure that can help you eliminate unwanted and stubborn scars on your face is Facial Scar Revision in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan. It entails surgically or non-surgically removing the entire spot and reconnecting the skin.
Every bit of information is added on this page, including its working, benefits, results, cost range, and many more. So, keep reading for more details.
What is facial scar revision?
A cosmetic procedure used to reduce the visibility of facial scars caused by acne, surgery burns, or unintentional surgery is Facial scar revision. It entails surgery, topical ointments, or other resurfacing procedures to conceal scars.
Although facial scar revision surgery results are immediate, injections and topical rejuvenation procedures can take some time and require multiple sessions. Therefore, the procedure’s recommendation is heavily influenced by the type of scar and the expected results.
Cause of facial scars:
Identifying a scar’s underlying causes and signs is critical before undergoing scar removal treatment. Scars are typically formed as a result of the injured or damaged dermis. Scar formation occurs when our bodies begin to produce new collagen to repair the damage.
Raised scars form when the body produces too much collagen. However, the skin appears pitted or sunken if underlying fat or muscles are lost. However, if the skin stretches rapidly, it can cause scarring, which is common during pregnancy.
Scars on the skin are common after an accident or surgery. They can also form as a result of an injury or burn. Regardless of how it forms, it’s not harmful to health. Scar treatment, however, can be used to remove unappealing scars.
Treatment options at the Royal Cosmetic Clinic:
According to the royal cosmetic clinic, several types of treatments are performed to reduce facial scars. They can be surgical or non-surgical because the decision depends upon the candidate’s choice and concerns.
So, here are the common treatments that are effective in their own ways.
- Medication for the facial scars
Topical treatments include creams, gels, ointments, and lotions that candidates can use to treat their scars. Some topical medications are available without a prescription, while others are only available with one.
Furthermore, these treatments only address minor scars from burns, cuts, and superficial wounds. Some prescription topical treatments can also aid in the reduction of acne scars.
- Chemical peels treatment
It is frequently used to treat facial acne scars. These peels involve the application of safe chemicals to the topmost layer of the skin to remove scarring. The concentration of the peel will be determined by an expert based on the needs of the candidate. This treatment is effective for mild to moderate scars.
Some mild to moderate side effects of this scar reduction treatment include redness, swelling, scabbing, skin discoloration, and infection. However, most of the side effects wear off within a few hours.
- Laser treatment
Facial scar removal treatment is preferred over advanced procedures such as laser therapy. It produces excellent results for various types of scars, particularly keloid scars. It is possible to remove abnormal scar color, smooth the skin surface, and flatten scars with laser treatment.
While the treatment produces excellent results, candidates may require more than one session to achieve their goals. In addition, swelling, itching, swelling, redness, bleeding, and pain are all temporary side effects of laser scar reduction treatment.
- Scar Revision Surgery:
Another option for severe scarring is surgery. Specifically, scars that cover a large area and limit the movement of the surrounding skin. Skin graft and skin flap can be used to accomplish this.
A skin graft involves the removal of a piece of healthy skin and its placement over the scar. Furthermore, flap surgery is more difficult because it involves transferring healthy skin with fat to the injured area. Scar revision surgery takes between one and two hours.
Our Best Results:
The results of facial scar treatment can vary from person to person or depend upon the treatment type. Some treatments give instant results, and some need a proper healing process. Facial scar revision will result in permanent scar reduction.
However, because healing takes time, the results are not immediate. You’ll have to wait a few months before noticing a slight scar size reduction. Moreover, you must choose the best dermatologist who recommends a suitable treatment and performs accurately.
Generally, there are numerous benefits of such treatment that are performed as Facial Scar Revision in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan. A few common benefits are listed below.
- It will improve the aesthetic appearance of the face by correcting flaws.
- The results will be instant, effective, and long-lasting.
- You will get a new skin tone and texture by permanent removal of scars.
- Such treatments don’t affect the surrounding tissues.
- It returns affected features’ functionality and mobility.
- Cost-effective treatment options.
- A suitable solution for both men and women.
- No major side effects, risks, or complications.
- Your self-confidence and self-esteem will be boosted.
Who can be an eligible candidate:
Facial scar removal treatments benefit anyone with visible facial scarring, regardless of age or skin type. If you have any of the following conditions, you may be an excellent candidate for scar removal surgery:
- You must be above 18 age.
- Scarring on your face caused by an accident, burns, or other trauma.
- Concerns about facial scarring from an aesthetic and functional standpoint.
- Expectations for the surgery should be realistic. Remember that scars cannot be completely erased or removed but can be made less visible with surgery.
- To have overall good health.
Precautions To Take:
Your plastic surgeon will examine your scar during the pre-op visit to determine which technique is best for you. He’ll also give you some precautions that would be necessary to follow. Some examples of common instructions are:
- Stop using herbal supplements.
- Make changes to your current medications and stick to your prescriptions.
- Avoid taking blood thinning like aspirin etc.
- Do not smoke tobacco or drink alcohol.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
Your practitioner will prescribe aftercare instructions. You need to take care of the treated area during recovery. Here are some common instructions;
- A dressing or ointment will be applied immediately after surgery to keep the wound moist.
- Some swelling and bruising may last for a longer time than others. Within 5 to 7 days of surgery, your sutures will be removed.
- You can return to work in about a week, but full recovery will take several months.
- To reduce swelling and bruising, apply cold compresses.
- While lying down, keep your head elevated.
- Reduce your physical activities and avoid strenuous tasks following surgery.
- Keep pressure off the incision sites.
- Follow the prescriptions and never take medication without first consulting with your doctor.
- Sun exposure should be avoided for at least six months after surgery.
- In case of a severe reaction, inform us immediately.
Cost of Facial scar revision at RCS:
The overall cost ranges of such treatments performed for Facial Scar Revision in Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and Pakistan vary between 6,500 PKR to 30,000 PKR. Moreover, several factors can affect your cost after including them. Such as;
- Experienced practitioner’s fee.
- Location of the clinic.
- Clinic’s reputation.
- The number of sessions.
- Type of the treatment.
- Scar size and type.
- Other additional charges.
Furthermore, you can ask anything by contacting or visiting our clinic. We will provide you with every bit of information related to cost and its factors.
Book Your Appointment with us:
If you want to get rid of scars on your face and body, consider scar removal treatment. At Royal Cosmetic Clinic, we provide advanced scar removal techniques at reasonable prices. Furthermore, we have a team of board-certified experts who will guide you and perform the treatments. So, please contact us or fill out the online consultation form to make an appointment with our expert dermatologists.