This is an erratic hair loss issue and can happen to anyone at any age and at any time. Ethnic or sexual preference-based prejudice doesn’t exist. You might lose your entire head of hair, as hair typically falls out in patches. Your immune system reacts against your own cells because it is an auto-immune disorder. It will assault and damage the hair follicles of people. Epidemiologically, millions of people are suffering from it worldwide. In ideal conditions, hairs no longer grow on the scalp, and if they do, they do so later. Hairs generally do not grow back; however, in a few humans, the growing hairs no longer fall. Because anyone can be afflicted by this problem, if you are looking for Best Alopecia Areata Treatment in Islamabad, you have come to the correct place. This post will assist you in better understanding the situation.
What is Alopecia Areata:
The immune system in people protects them from foreign invaders. When any foreign substance profits access to the body, the immune system assaults and destroy it. But in uncommon circumstances, it can target ordinary cells which might be typically acting their function. In the case of alopecia areata, hair follicles are under attack by one’s very own immune system. But the hair follicles aren’t destroyed completely as they do now no longer depart scars because they have got the tendency to develop back. Inflammation is an unusual manifestation of this condition. Not best for the scalp however, any location on the body may be affected.
Types of Alopecia Areata:
In all sorts of conditions, the hair follicles end up small to the factor that they’re not able to develop hair drastically. Although the prevalence of different kinds is uncommon nevertheless there are numerous sorts of alopecia areata that need to be understood:
- Alopecia areata totalis: you’ve misplaced all of the hair in your head.
- Alopecia areata Universalis: is the lack of hair over your whole body.
- Diffuse alopecia areata: is an unexpected thinning of your hair as opposed to misplaced patches.
- Ophiasis alopecia areata has a unique pattern of hair loss, which includes the sides and lower back of the scalp
What Treatment Options are Available for Alopecia Areata?
Certain bald patches may restore hair on their own without medical intervention. However, the majority of patients and their families are willing to try a treatment that can speed up hair restoration. The treatment option is influenced by the patient’s age, the intensity and length of the hair loss, and any other underlying medical issues.
1. Topical Agents:
- Topical medications are those which are rubbed over the scalp. Most physicians prescribe the medicines but in certain cases over counter drugs can also be utilized.
- Minoxidil has OTC availability
- Anthralin is a drug that will cause the irritation of scalp which will in turn help in hair regrowth
- Corticosteroid creams such as clobetasol foams, lotions, and ointments are thought to work by decreasing inflammation in the hair follicle.
2. Oral treatments
If the condition of alopecia is severe then usually steroidal tablets or oral immunosuppressants like methotrexate and cyclosporine can be utilized. These drugs usually block the activation of the immune system but they have adverse effects so must be used with care.
3. Intralesional corticosteroid Injections
This is one of the best and most frequently employed treatments as hair can grow back by the use of corticosteroid injections. These injected are injected at the area of the concern with the help of tiny needles. Appointments need to be rescheduled again after every 3 months.
4. Natural treatment
- Vitamins and supplements
- Essential oils, other oils, and onion juice rubbed onto the scalp and probiotics.
5. Laser and Light therapy
Photochemotherapy or laser therapy uses light rays of specific wavelengths of ultraviolet light for their healing effects. Laser treatment delivers specific doses of radiation to encourage new hair growth.
6. Some other treatment options:
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing technique that fills in the eyebrows using hairlike strokes. It looks more natural than traditional eyebrow tattoos and lasts for 1 to 3 years.
Does Alopecia Cause Permanent Hair Loss?
Alopecia does not cause permanent hair loss as hair follicles are not destroyed which means that they may have the tendency to grow back.
- You only need to get a hold of your condition
- Gather information about the disease
- Check your options
- You need to know the causes and the treatment options
- Once you develop this autoimmune condition, you may experience lifelong bouts of hair loss and other related symptoms. However, some people may only experience hair loss once in their lifetime.
Can I get a hair transplant after suffering from Alopecia Acreata?
Even if new hair follicles are transplanted, the immune system may still attack them because alopecia areata is an autoimmune illness with a genetic predisposition. As a result, hair transplantation ‘might’ be considered if the alopecia areata-affected location is small, has been stable for a long time, and a scalp biopsy reveals no infection under the scalp. This, however, must be discussed with an experienced physician before getting the treatment. The possibility that the transplanted hair will fall out again at any time must be explained to and extensively disseminated by way of the patient. These factors make alopecia areata patients not a fit candidate for hair transplant.
The method and severity of the sickness affect the length of the healing process. After a few months from the first session, most participants report an improvement in condition. The hairs will be thin in the start but will get pace and become thickened after some time. For results by our experts see the pictures below:
Risk Factors for Alopecia Areata:
Two types of people are at risk:
But people of any age can suffer from this condition.
This disease may result from genetic abnormality with unknown triggers (it can be a viral or bacterial infection or some external cause).
- Type 1 diabetes
- Celiac disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Thyroid disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- genetics, such as a close family member with alopecia areata
- having certain health conditions, such as Down’s Syndrome, thyroid disease, or vitiligo
- vitamin D deficiency
Symptoms of Alopecia Areata:
Smooth, spherical, hairless patches suddenly appearing on the scalp are a hallmark of alopecia areata. Usually skin-colored, but occasionally with a peach tint, the affected areas. A few stray short colored or white hairs can be found within the area that is hairless.
- White lines and dots appear to be minute dents.
- Deteriorating nails
- The luster of nails fades
- In time, nails weaken and crack.
Alopecia areata has no superficial redness or scaling of the skin. Children often have one to several small patches of hair loss on their scalp, while occasionally they can have more rapid hair loss that affects almost their entire scalp, brows, eyelashes, and body hair. Your child’s nails may have little pits on the top surface.
Cost of Treatment for Alopecia Areata:
The cost of Alopecia Areata Treatment in Islamabad differs on the type of treatment you are getting. But this price depends upon various factors like:
- The experience of the physician
- The number of sessions
- The secondary costs included
- The location of the faculty
- The cost of medicines
- You must consult your insurance provider that whether or not this treatment will be covered by them
- The cost of the oils and the moisturizer
Best Doctor for Alopecia in Islamabad – Book an Online Appointment:
Baldness can worsen your self-confidence and self-esteem so are you ready to get the best Alopecia Areata Treatment in Islamabad? Consult us by booking an appointment. You can call us on a given number or fill out the form below. You will be treated by the best doctor with excellent expertise.