Who doesn’t love strolling around the park in summer dresses and having lovely summer picnics near the lake? The summer season brings with it the joy of mangoes and longer hours to enjoy the outdoors. But other than the fun that comes with summer, you are also met with an uncontrollable amount of sweating. Most people have good genetics and do not perspire that often. In fact, they do not perspire at all even during the hottest of summer days. This makes them immune to the problems that come with excessive perspiration.
But what about those who suffer from this problem? There are about 5% of people in Pakistan who suffer from this condition and they are shy to talk about it. They believe that society will shun them or consider them unhygienic. However, with the latest advancements in technology and the latest equipment available in the market, Royal Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers great services to help you deal with Excessive Sweating Hyperhidrosis in Islamabad, Pakistan.
What is Excessive Sweating HyperHidrosis?
The natural phenomenon where the body produces an immense amount of sweating is known as hyperhidrosis in the medical field. This means that the body is creating an uncontrollable amount of perspiration. Not only does this lead to bad odor buildup in the underarms, but it can also cause marks to appear on your white or light-colored clothes.
It is essential to understand that this disorder of the body isn’t entirely caused due to high temperatures or extreme physical exercise, it is caused due to secondary influencing factors such as illnesses. There are two types of hyperhidrosis:
This type of perspiration disorder is caused due to genetics. It is a genetically inherited chronic disorder of the skin and is a result of gene mutation. This condition is also known as primary hyperhidrosis and usually affects the underarms.
This type is caused due to medical conditions such as diabetes, pregnancy, menopause, and even Parkinson’s disease in rare cases. This secondary form of hyperhidrosis is also caused due to certain medications which include naproxen and sometimes zinc supplements can also trigger this condition as a side effect.
What causes this condition?
This condition is triggered due to the sweat glands working overtime ex secreting perspiration in large quantities. The following are some common reasons why this disorder:
- Consumption of spicy foods, citric fruits, chocolate, and sometimes even peanut butter
- Consuming large quantities of coffee can also cause this condition
- Emotional instability such as constant anxiety and panic disorder
- Higher body temperature is caused by heat.
- Injury to the spinal cord
- Hormonal imbalance Menopause and pregnancy
- Medications such as insulin and depression medicines
- Chronic illnesses such as Hodgkin’s Disease, Tuberculosis, Dysautonomia, etc
How is Hyperhidrosis Treated in Islamabad, Pakistan?
Dispending on how severe is the problem, there are a number of treatment options available for Excessive Sweating Hyperhidrosis in Islamabad, Pakistan. A few of them are listed below:
- Change of lifestyle; try to take a shower daily and wear baggy clothing.
- Antiperspirants; use antiperspirants with aluminum but consult your doctor first.
- Pills; intake of anxiety-reducing pills and beta-blockers.
- Medicated Wipes; wipes with glycopyrronium tosylate can be used under the arms or on the hands to block sweat glands.
You should know that the remedies mentioned above are for milder cases of this disorder. IF you have a highly functioning hyperhidrosis disorder, then you should try the following treatment options instead:
- Iontophoresis: This involves placing the feet or hands in a container of water and giving your sweat glands mild electric currents to block them. This is done with the help of a machine and needs to be repeated once every week. The procedure takes around half an hour to do its work.
- Injections: Another option is to numb your sweat glands with botox. This substance is directly injected into the area producing extra sweat.
- Wave Therapy: This form of therapy uses microwaves with the help of a machine and treats the affected region permanently. This means the results of this treatment cannot be reversed. The device emits heat energy that is then used to damage or destroy the sweat glands
- Laser Treatment: You can also get your affected area treated with concentrated light beams. This treatment works in the same fashion as a wave therapy machine and is performed in a few sessions depending on the severity of your condition.
- Surgery: Lastly, getting surgery to remove nerves that send signals to the glands also helps with this problem. Some people also get their underarm sweat glands removed. But discuss all the complications with your doctor before getting this treatment as it cannot be reversed.
What are the outcomes of getting treated for Excessive Sweating?
Although this condition is not life-threatening, it can seriously cause problems in your day-to-day life. This includes increasing your social anxiety and reducing your self-confidence. The main problem with this condition is the odor that comes with it.
Treatment will help you socialize again and maintain your confidence levels. Even though this condition does not cause any physical harm to you, it can cause serious damage to your mental health, so it’s best t get it treated as soon as possible.
Are the Results for Excessive Sweating Treatment Permanent?
How long the results last depend on which treatment option you opted for. If you are getting treatment for mild symptoms of hyperhidrosis then your treatment will not be permanent. It is very likely that it will last a day or a week depending on your treatment type.
However, if you are getting treatment for severe cases, then your treatment will very likely be permanent. Since severe cases need to be handled surgically or via therapies, the results cannot be reversed.
What purpose does treatment for Excessive Sweating serve?
This condition can cause a serious dent in your social life and make you isolated from the rest of society. Getting treated for excessive sweating can be very beneficial for your life. Some of the benefits of getting treatment for hyperhidrosis include:
- A better and more manageable social life
- More clothing options without the fear of getting sweat stains on them
- No more smelly armpits and bad odors
- This is a budget-friendly alternative to spending thousands of rupees on deodorants
- No more restrictions on eating or avoiding certain foods
In short, you have the freedom to dress, eat and mingle however you want without worrying about sweating.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for Hyperhidrosis Treatment?
Most people need to be diagnosed with this condition before they can get treated. Not every person who sweats a lot has hyperhidrosis. And if misdiagnosed, the treatment can cause side effects too. The surgeon will run a few tests t determine whether you have this condition or not.
If the tests come back negative, then you are just sweating due to the heat or your anxiety with no other possible reason. However, if the test results come back positive, your doctor will start the treatment process immediately. Treatment depends on the severity of the disorder.
How Much Does it Cost to Treat Hyperhidrosis in Islamabad?
Treatment Costs for Excessive Sweating Hyperhidrosis in Islamabad, Pakistan can range from PKR 10,000 to PKR 30,000. This vast price range is due to the numerous treatment options available depending on your needs. The price range also depends on a number of other factors as well.
Factors influencing Cost:
- The operating surgeon or the consulting doctor’s fee.
- The cost of the materials needed for treatment
- The type of treatment prescribed
- The number of body parts to be treated
- The number of appointments needed for the treatment
- The clinic’s location and the amenities they offer
- The results that you wish to yield.
- The required equipment for performing surgical procedures
- The amount of anesthesia needed to perform the treatment procedure
In the end, it all depends on which treatment option you pick. If you pick the more cheaper treatment options, the results will not last you very long. But if you spend more money at once and opt for the more expensive options, the results will last a long time and will be worth your money.
Can Insurance pay for Hyperhidrosis Treatment?
Unfortunately, there are only a few cases where this condition will be treated under insurance policies. If your excessive sweating problem is a secondary condition and is caused as a side effect of a chronic illness then there are some chances that you can get your insurance to pay for the treatment.
Why Choose Us:
Royal Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers the best treatment options and consultation sessions for all their clients in Islamabad. Hurry up and book a free consultation session today by signing up with the form below or by giving us a direct call and booking an appointment with the best in the Capital.