Acrochordons or skin tags are commonly occurring conditions of the human body. They are typically a little darker or the same color as the skin. Blood vessels and collagen fibers make up skin tags, which are encased in the skin and joined to the rest of the skin by a stalk. They are innocuous and typically show up on the eyelids, neck, breast, armpits, stomach, and groin. Obese, pregnant, elderly, and/or diabetic people are more prone to acquiring skin tags. Although the specific etiology of skin tags is unknown, it is generally accepted that friction between skin folds or skin and clothing can contribute to their development. This article will give you all information about Skin Tag Removal in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Aim of Skin Tag Removal:
Removal of skin tags to boost your self-esteem and confidence is the primary aim. This is done to decrease the discomfort caused by those tags. Skin Tag Removal in Islamabad, Pakistan uses excision, freezing or burning and removes the tags.
Causes of Skin Tags:
- The human body consists of proteins of various types. Sometimes, the conversion of loose collagen into the form of skin tags surrounded by blood vessels. As this protein is present throughout the body tags can arise at any place of the body.
- Those people who are suffering from diabetes or those who are obese mostly suffer from this disease.
- The changes in hormone levels may also cause their development. Hence, those women who are pregnant are more likely to develop tags.
- There are certain areas in the body that rub against each other.
- Sometimes they do not have any apparent reason.
- Although it is not proven yet, it is highly likely that tags can be genetic. They are not genetic.
Do all Skin Tags Need Removal?
- All skin tags are harmless and do not pose any health issues. But removal becomes necessary if they are hurting your self-esteem.
- If they are coming out of clothes or if they are posing problems to the jewelry.
- Removal is an outpatient procedure.
How Skin Tags are Removed?
They are normally removed as an outpatient procedure. Freezing or burning off are two commonly employed methods. But these two procedures may cause skin discoloration temporarily. Irritation is another side effect. Surgery is another option. This process will cause a little bleeding. Details of some methods are as under
Surgical Procedures of Removal of Skin Tags:
It is normally thought and wished that tags would fall off on their own but this is not the case all the time. You must only choose a board-certified surgeon or dermatologist for the removal of tags. He will utilize various techniques for their removal.
Skin tag surgical removal is a frequent outpatient surgery. Depending on the size and location of the skin tag, your doctor may carry out one of the following procedures once local anesthesia has been applied to the area:
|Sr. No.||Procedure Name||Detail|
|1||Cauterization||The skin tag is removed by your doctor using heat.|
|2||Cryosurgery||Your physician applies a tiny amount of liquid nitrogen to the skin tag, which causes the growth to freeze off.|
|3||Electrocautery||This is burning off the skin tag by your doctor using a particular electric current. This type of procedure is used for those types of tags that are thicker.|
|4||Ligation||By using a surgical thread to stop the blood flow, skin tags can occasionally be removed.|
|5||Surgery||Your doctor will simply use surgical scissors to remove the skin tag from its base. The need for a bandage and stitches the skin tag’s size and position.|
|6||Laser||this is one of the most frequently employed methods of skin tags removal. The CO2 laser is the best method for eradicating skin tags. When it hits the damaged area, the intensely focused infrared light from this laser vaporizes. It is possible to remove dozens of tags in a single session that lasts for 15-20 minutes.|
Cost of Skin Tag Removal:
These non-cancerous growths are removed in outpatient. The cost of Skin Tag Removal in Islamabad, Pakistan may range from PKR 6500 to PKR 15000 the cost may depend on various factors like the locality of the clinic, the expertise of the dermatologist, etc. Remember that prices can change depending on your location, the treatments you need, and the price of office visits. Always consult with your doctor before choosing the technique that is right for you. Cost may also consists of the price of medications. They may consist of pain medicines or antibiotics.
Your insurance plan might pay the expense of removal if the growth is bleeding, irritates you, or restricts your ability to go about your everyday activities. Additionally, if your doctor advises sending the growth for testing, your insurance plan might pay some or all of the related expenses.
What To Do After the Removal of Skin Tags?
There are no special precautions. The scars left after the procedure will fade away with time.
- Covering of the area with antibiotic ointment.
- Cover the area with a bandage.
- Keep the wound dry for almost two days and after that wash it gently with water.
- Follow-up treatment is required in some cases.
- Pain can be managed by pain medications.
- Wound need to be kept clean.
It is very unlikely that you get the skin tag at the same area again. Yet if you have recurrence of tags then it means that your body is prone to tags at that place.
Benefits of Removing Skin Tags:
Some of the benefits of removal of skin tags are as under:
- Removal of any tags from visible portion of skin.
- This will give you a clear skin.
- Self-confidence boosting
- You will get even skin tone
Why I Should Go For Skin Tag Removal?
It is not always the case that you have to remove your skin tag immediately. But you may have to remove them at some parts of your life. Some of the reasons are given below that why you should see a dermatologist:
- Skin tags can be converted to skin cancers so treat them immediately
- If you remove skin tags in home, their is a chance of infection. But if a trained dermatologist does this then he will use sterile gadgets. So your chance of infection will be reduced.
- Although they are harmless, yet they can be irritating. So you must consider removing them.
Why Choose Us for Skin Tag Removal
Normally it is not required to remove skin tags all the times. But if you are planning to remove them then you must only consider a board-certified surgeon. Dr. Naveed Azhar is a well-known cosmetic surgeon in the field of Skin Tag Removal in Islamabad, Pakistan. Please book your appointment with Royal Cosmetic Surgery by calling us directly on the given number or by filling out the form below.