Dental scaling and polishing are two delicate procedures. The former involves the removal of plaque and hard tartar deposits from your teeth while the latter involves making your teeth brighter. Both procedures, when combined come under the umbrella of teeth whitening. Humans produce saliva which is a protecting substance. It contains calcium as well as other deposits. Although it is beneficial in one way yet, it is harmful in the other way. It may lead to calcium deposits in the teeth which are dangerous and harmful to the teeth. It may vary from brown to black in colour. This tartar can provide the ideal conditions for bacteria to grow. Hence, you need a complete guide about Scaling, Polishing and Teeth Whitening – 3 in 1 for your sweet Teeth Treat.
What is The Procedure for Teeth Scaling?
- Your dentist will use specialized instruments for the removal of the plague.
- It also involves the removal of calculus without harming your teeth.
- RCS dentists use an ultrasonic scaler which works by vibrations to remove tartar that is stricken between teeth.
- The debris is washed away using water spray as well. During the scaling process, a high-pitched buzzing noise may be heard coming from the scaler.
- The process of scaling will remove all the deposits and debris in the teeth. It will basically make your teeth clean.
What is The Procedure for Teeth Polishing?
- After cleaning, the spots left behind are treated by teeth polishing in Islamabad.
- Polishing helps to shine your teeth with a bright smile. It also makes your teeth feel smooth and shiny.
- Dr. Usama Hayat Ghauri uses a soft rubber cup that spins for polishing. Prophylaxis paste is a unique substance that resembles toothpaste and is scooped up into the cup before being applied to the teeth.
- Using a pressurised spray of air and water mixed with sodium hydrogen carbonate powder, prophy jet polishing cleans stains, plaque, and soft debris from your teeth. Your mouth may taste salty.
Is Teeth Whitening Painful?
- You will not feel any pain and discomfort after teeth cleansing procedures as we have an experienced and qualified staff. Our patients say that they do not experience any discomfort. Many of our patients tell us that they actually enjoy getting their teeth cleaned and that they adore how wonderfully smooth their teeth feel afterwards.
- If the procedure is less enjoyable and painful, there are a number of potential causes, including exposed dentine or root surfaces (which are not harmful but can make cleanings a little sensitive), or infected gum tissues.
What is the Difference Between Teeth Scaling, Polishing and Whitening?
- The natural whitish hue of teeth changes with the consumption of coloured products like teeth, coffee etc.
- Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that involves lightening the pigmentation within the teeth.
- The removal of dental plaque, tartar, and extrinsic stains from the outer surface of the teeth is done by a process called scaling and polishing.
- Your teeth are cleaned with scaling and polishing, which lessens the severity of gum disease and prevents it from getting worse.
- If the teeth have many stains on the outer surface, scaling and polishing may make the teeth appear lighter.
- Because the yellow colour of teeth comes from inside the tooth, if they are very yellow intrinsically, teeth cleaning won’t change that colour.
Do Scaling and Polishing Whiten Teeth?
Yes, scaling and polishing in fact whiten the teeth. They will leave the teeth looking smooth, shiny, and whiter after the treatment. Scaling removes the tartar and polishing makes the teeth brighter which is the underlying principle of teeth whitening.
What Are The Benefits of Scaling, Polishing and Teeth Whitening?
Regular scaling and polishing can protect your oral tissues from a number of dental issues and help you maintain good oral hygiene. Your teeth are cleaned during this process, and your mouth is cleared of dangerous bacteria.
Several advantages of scaling and polishing are listed;
- Glossy, spotless, and clean teeth.
- Problems with gum bleeding are fixed.
- The treatment of sore and swollen gums.
- Teeth are protected from a variety of dental issues.
- Oral hygiene is kept up.
- Improves breath freshness.
- Makes you smile more.
- Everybody needs to lead a healthy lifestyle, which is a result of good oral health.
Book Your Consultation For Scaling, Polishing and Whitening Today:
Are you also concerned about the tartar that is building up in your teeth? Do you want to spruce up them a little? If the answer is yes, then you surely need an appointment with us. Book your consultation at Royal Cosmetic Surgery Clinic Islamabad and get shiny and pearly teeth. You will get all the exciting treatments under one roof. We will be delighted to serve you.