The appearance of wisdom teeth causes pain, develops gum disease, and damages the tooth and overall oral health. Wisdom teeth removal in Islamabad improves your oral health and addresses the issues caused by wisdom teeth. This tooth usually emerges at the end of teen years or between the age of 17 to 25 years. To alleviate pain and prevent complications, this tooth is removed. This blog will explain how long the duration of the recovery period is.
Wisdom Tooth: Introduction
This is also called the third molar and appears during late adolescence or early adulthood between the ages of 17 and 25. It is named wisdom tooth because, historically, it is believed that it emerges when a person becomes mature or gains wisdom. On the other hand, scientists are of the view that this tooth is a vestigial structure that is no longer necessary in today’s lifestyle.
Wisdom Tooth Removal in Islamabad:
Wisdom tooth extraction or moral extraction is a dental procedure carried out to remove or extricate this specified tooth to address discomfort, pain, and complications associated with its eruption. Given the complexity of a specified case, the scope of extraction is determined by a dentist, which can be a straightforward or complex process.
Benefits of Molar Removal:
- Wisdom teeth cause constant pain or discomfort and disturbs oral health. Its removal eliminates persistent pain or discomfort.
- Its removal reduces the risk of infection and improves overall oral health
- A neighboring tooth may decay because of its emergence; its extraction keeps the teeth unharmed or protected
- Its extraction also reduces the chances of gum disease
- Wisdom tooth removal in Islamabad prevents overcrowding or improper misalignment of teeth
How Long Does Wisdom Tooth Removal Take To Cover?
Its recovery period depends on an individual’s age, the treatment’s severity, and adherence to the postoperative measures. But usually, the recovery duration spans around 7 to 10 days. It means if you undergo this treatment, it will take one to two weeks to recover from the treatment and regain normalcy. Additionally, you may feel discomfort, pain, or a weird feeling in the initial days, but these sensations will fade in a few days.
How Long After Wisdom Tooth Removal in Islamabad Can I Eat?
You should avoid consuming or eating something for a couple of hours after the treatment. Onwards, you should prefer using soft and easily chewable foods to reduce irritation to the treated area. You can start eating normally as soon as you feel ok and comfortable, but you should also follow the guidelines.
What To Eat After Wisdom Tooth Removal?
You should stick to soft and easily chewable food for a few days. Avoid harsh and crunchy food, as it can strain the treated side.
You can consume the following items.
- Pureed Fruits
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cooked vegetables
Risks and Complication
- Dry Socket
- Nerve Damage
- Use soft and easily chewable foods for at least 3 to 4 days to avoid strain or irritation
- Take only prescribed medicines to manage pain or discomfort
- Use ice packs on the external area of the cheeks to reduce swelling
- Take proper rest and let the process continue uninterrupted
- Maintain proper oral hygiene
- Do not smoke for a few days
- Avoid strenuous activities to support the healing process
- Inform your dentist if you observe severe pain, irritation, or discomfort
The Bottom Line:
Wisdom tooth removal in Islamabad manages pain, irritation, or discomfort caused by the emergence of wisdom teeth, which usually erupts during late adolescence or early adulthood. If not treated properly, this development can disturb overall oral health and lead to tooth decay or gum disease. Its removal eliminates the possibility of these complications and also addresses the pain or discomfort. Usually, the recovery period takes 7 to 10 days. During this period, you are suggested to follow your dentist’s instructions.
Royal Cosmetic Surgery Islamabad is a renowned clinic that deals with oral health. Our dentists are professional and trained to evaluate your specific oral issue and treat that accordingly. If you observe pain or discomfort because of a wisdom tooth, visit Royal Cosmetic Surgery Islamabad for proper treatment.