Birthmarks are unique developments on our skin that are linked with our individuality or distinguished identities. Sometimes, the appearance of these marks does not excite people and even creates negative emotions such as anxiety, depression, and negative self-perception. Birthmark treatment in Islamabad improves the appearance of an individual, develops confidence, and eliminates negativity and stigmas. This blog will explain whether laser birthmark treatment in Islamabad effectively removes birthmarks permanently.
The vascular irregularity, pigmentation, or discoloration that appears on the skin at birth or right after birth is called a birthmark. Birthmarks differ in terms of color, size, shape, and texture. They can appear on any part of the body, such as the face, neck, hand, arm, etc. Usually, they are harmless and do not cause any harm to the skin or body, but their appearance may trigger some negative emotions that incite people to treat these marks.
Can Laser Treatment Really Help in removing A Birthmark Permanently?
Laser birthmark treatment in Islamabad is deemed an effective treatment to permanently address the appearance of birthmarks. This treatment targets specific pigments responsible for the appearance of these marks. Laser technology eliminates those pigments without damaging other surrounding areas. Furthermore, it also stimulates collagen production, leading to better and smoother skin.
Laser Treatment: procedure
Dermatologists at Royal Cosmetic Surgery Islamabad hold an initial consultation before the treatment. The purpose of this meeting is to evaluate the patient’s skin conditions, the mark’s severity and size, and the procedure’s feasibility to ensure optimal treatment. Before starting the procedure, local anesthesia is administered to minimize pain and discomfort. Then a focused and precise light beam is targeted on the specific mark. Energy is absorbed by the pigment, which later on breaks down the pigment after converting it into heat. Though this is an easy and largely painless procedure, a patient may experience mild sensations such as warmth, sensitivity, etc.
Laser Birthmark Treatment in Islamabad: Benefits
- The application of laser technology offers precise and desired results without damaging surrounding tissues
- This is a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure, offering calculated results
- Its non-invasiveness also reduces its downtime
- This is a customized treatment that can address numerous sorts of birthmarks from different areas of the body
- This is a quick treatment and is deemed convenient for the patient
- Unlike other surgical procedures, this treatment does not cause significant scars
- This is a safe and controlled treatment, enabling a professional to perform precise treatment
How Effective Is Laser Birthmark Removal?
If performed by a professional, laser treatment is an effective treatment. This treatment produces remarkable results, and people who undergo this procedure experience significant improvements in removing or reducing birthmarks. Its infectivity is also possible in certain cases, but this is rare. Largely, this treatment brings about your desired results.
How Much Does This Treatment Cost?
Laser treatment in Islamabad ranges from PKR 6000 to PKR 50000. The price range may differ because of a few factors, including the type and severity of the birthmark and the scope of the treatment, and a few other factors, such as the clinic’s location and the experience of a dermatologist.
- Keep the treated area dry and clean to avoid infection
- Apply instructed lotions or creams to manage redness and discomfort
- Do not scratch or touch the treated area, as it can disturb the healing process
- Avoid visiting the sauna and hot showers for a few days after the treatment
- Keep your skin, especially the treated area, protected from the sun
- You can use ice packs on the treated area to reduce swelling and discomfort
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink plenty of water
- Refrain from exercise and other strenuous activities
- Do not use harsh skin care products and exfoliants
- If you observe any unusual condition, inform your practitioner
The Bottom Line:
Laser birthmark treatment in Islamabad addresses dark patches or spots and improves the appearance of the skin. Birthmarks may not attract you, and you may feel a longing to remove or disappear them. Laser treatment is an effective treatment that destroys the pigment responsible for these marks. As it breaks down the very pigment, it offers permanent results.
If you want to get rid of annoying birthmarks or pigmented spots, visit Royal Cosmetic Surgery Islamabad for laser treatment. We utilize advanced treatment options to produce optimal results and satisfy our patients.