People get chemical peels in order to remove dead skin cells, improve skin texture, and lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. To ensure the best results and reduce any potential risks, it’s crucial to properly prepare your skin before having a chemical peel procedure. This blog will give you an insight into how to prepare your skin for a chemical peeling procedure. When preparing your skin for a chemical peel, bear in mind the following dos and don’ts:
The Procedure of Chemical Peel:
In a chemical peel, there is an exfoliation of dead skin cells removed from the skin by applying a chemical solution to the skin. The steps in the process are as follows:
The skin is thoroughly cleansed to remove any dirt or oil.
- Application of the chemical solution:
Your skin gets the treatment with a chemical solution using a brush, sponge, or cotton swab. Depending on the kind and intensity of the peel, the solution is applied to the skin for a specific period of time.
There is a neutralization of chemical solution with a special solution or water.
- Applying moisturizer and sunscreen:
to the skin helps to both prevent damage and speed up the healing process.
- Before undergoing a chemical peel, consult a qualified skin care specialist to determine the right kind and intensity of peel for your skin type.
- Follow your skin care professional’s instructions on how to prep your skin before the peel, which may include discontinuing certain skincare products or treatments beforehand.
- Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face twice daily for several days before the peel to remove excess oil and dirt from your skin.
- Apply a moisturizer several times daily to hydrate and prepare your skin for the peel.
- Protect your skin from the sun by using broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Do not wax, shave, or use hair removal creams on the treatment area for at least 24-48 hours prior to the peel.
- Do not exfoliate or use any harsh scrubs or peels on your skin within a week before the chemical peel.
- Avoid any retinoid products for at least one week before the treatment since they can make the skin more sensitive.
- In order to remove dead skin cells, improve skin texture, and lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, you get a chemical peel. To ensure the best results and reduce any potential risks, it’s crucial to properly prepare your skin before having a chemical peel procedure. When preparing your skin for a chemical peel, bear in mind the following dos and don’ts:
- Avoid picking or scratching at your skin, as it can cause damage and affect the results of the chemical peel.
Following these dos and don’ts when prepping your skin for a chemical peel can help ensure a successful and effective treatment outcome.
Ideal Candidates For Chemical Peels:
Following are the ideal candidates for chemical peeling in Islamabad. They typically have fair-to-medium skin and are looking to improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots and freckles
- Sun-damaged skin
- Acne scars
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Dull complexion
Results of Chemical Peels:
The results of a chemical peel can vary depending on the strength of the peel and the individual’s skin type. Some common results include:
- Smoother, brighter skin
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Lightened age spots and freckles
- Reduced acne scars
Book Your Consultation:
The skin is treated with a chemical solution using a brush, sponge, or cotton swab. Depending on the kind and intensity of the peel, the solution is applied to the skin for a specific period of time. Consult Royal Cosmetics Islamabad if you want to have fair and glowing skin. You can call on our number or fill out the form given here.