Face masks are becoming a regular part of our lives in an attempt to prevent the spread of COVID-19. You are not alone if wearing a mask causes breakouts. A typical adverse effect of wearing a mask is this ailment, also referred to as “maskne”. Visit the Royal Cosmetic Clinic, you will know What’s Causing the New Acne, Maskne in Islamabad and How to Treat It
In this blog post, you will learn about the causes, treatments and prevention of Maskne in Islamabad . So, take a moment and read the following details.
What Is Maskne?
“Maskne in Islamabad” is a term used to describe acne caused by wearing a face mask. The friction and heat generated by wearing a mask can lead to clogged pores, irritation, and breakouts on the skin. It is most commonly found on the cheeks, chin, and nose areas, which are in contact with the mask.
Causes Of Maskne:
Generally, there are several causes of maskne, including:
- Friction: Wearing a mask can cause friction on the skin, which can lead to irritation and inflammation.
- Heat: Masks can trap heat and moisture against the skin, creating a breeding ground for bacteria.
- Occlusion: Masks can trap oil, sweat, and bacteria against the skin, which can lead to clogged pores and breakouts.
- Irritants: Some masks contain irritants, such as dyes or chemicals, that can cause skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- Bacteria: Masks can trap bacteria against the skin, which can lead to infection and inflammation.
- Hormonal changes: Maskne is also linked to hormonal changes, which can be caused by stress during the pandemic.
- Skincare Products: Overuse of skincare products or use of products that contain pore-clogging ingredients can contribute to maskne.
How To Treat It?
At the Royal Cosmetic Clinic, here are a few cosmetic treatment options that can help treat maskne:
- Chemical peels: A chemical peel is a procedure in which an acid solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a procedure in which fine crystals are used to remove the top layer of dead skin cells and unclog pores.
- Laser therapy: Laser therapy can help reduce inflammation and bacteria on the skin. It can also help to reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Light therapy: Blue light therapy and/or red light therapy are effective in treating acne-causing bacteria, as well as reducing inflammation.
- Topical retinoids: Topical retinoids are a form of vitamin A that can help to unclog pores and reduce inflammation.
- Facials: Certain facials can be helpful to treat maskne. For example, an oxygen facial can help to reduce inflammation, while a hydrating facial can help to keep the skin moisturized.
It’s important to note that these treatments should only be done under the guidance and supervision of a skincare professional or a dermatologist. They can cause side effects and some of them can worsen the condition if not used properly.
How To Prevent In Future?
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria. Avoid over-cleansing, which can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause dryness.
- Look for skincare products that are labelled “non-comedogenic,” which means they won’t clog pores.
- Moisturize your skin to keep it hydrated and healthy. Use a light, non-greasy moisturizer that absorbs quickly.
- Look for masks that are made of breathable materials, such as cotton. Avoid synthetic materials that can trap heat and moisture against the skin.
- Clean your mask regularly, either by washing it or replacing it, to prevent bacteria and dirt from building up on the surface.
- Avoid picking at or squeezing any pimples or blackheads, as this can further irritate your skin and cause more breakouts.
- Avoid wearing makeup under the mask to avoid clogging the pores.
- Change your mask frequently, especially if it becomes damp or dirty.
- If you notice a pimple starting to form, apply a spot treatment that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide to help prevent it from developing further.
- Consult a dermatologist for a personalized skincare routine and treatment options to prevent maskne.
The Bottom Line!
Therefore, a face mask can cause acne to break out, which is known as maskne. Depending on the reason, symptoms may include chafing and irritation, pimples, and other signs and symptoms. If you are the one who is experiencing this type of acne then you can visit the RCS clinic. We will examine your condition and recommend suitable treatments for Maskne in Islamabad .