Remember that every patient is different, and your results may vary.
Contrary to popular belief, septoplasty is not a cosmetic nose job. A septoplasty alters the appearance of your nose. By addressing a common structural problem with your nose, the deviated septum, it addresses breathing difficulties. Septoplasty’s primary goal is to realign your septum to improve airflow through your nose and relieve nasal congestion. A better breathing function and a higher quality of life are also provided by this tiny procedure in the nose. There are certain key points that you must know before going for the procedure. This blog summarises the 6 things you should know about septoplasty in Islamabad.
What is Septoplasty?
The surgical repair of irregularities and defects in the nasal septum is known as septoplasty (the repair of the partition between the nostrils). One nasal cavity is divided from another by a bone and cartilage structure called the septum, which is located in the middle of the nose. When the septum is crooked, it can block one side of the nose and seriously impede airflow. Hence, you always need a repairing surgery that not only corrects your nose but also it helps you regain your aesthetic appearance. We at RCS are striving to provide you with the best results with all of the procedures concerning the nose like rhinoplasty or non-surgical nose job as well as septoplasty.
A septoplasty may be necessary for people who have nasal obstruction and a deviated septum. In addition, our best rhinoplasty surgeon in Islamabad might advise septoplasty for:
- Polyps in the nose should be removed.
- Treat persistent sinusitis.
- Stop frequent (chronic) nosebleeds (less common).
- Address any additional nasal airway obstructions.
Although it is frequently carried out in isolation, your doctor might advise both septoplasty and turbinate reduction. Your surgeon will perform turbinate reduction to shrink the size of the tiny bony structures inside your nose.
How To Prepare For Septoplasty?
- You might need to stop taking some medications before having a septoplasty surgery.
- This includes aspirin, ibuprofen, anti-inflammatory drugs, and other blood thinners.
- This will lower your risk of experiencing excessive bleeding both during and after the procedure.
- If required, your doctor might change the dosage of your current medications.
- To protect it during this important process, you should undoubtedly stop smoking.
- After midnight on the evening before the procedure, avoid eating or drinking anything. If you plan to undergo general anaesthesia, this is a requirement.
- When inspecting your nasal passage and determining the shape of your septum, your surgeon can use a tiny, illuminated tool.
- It takes 60 to 90 minutes to perform a septoplasty under local or general anaesthesia, depending on the condition being treated and the extent of the procedure.
- Either local or general anaesthesia can be used during the procedure. Depending on the complexity of your procedure and your preferences and those of your surgeon, a particular type of anaesthesia will be used. The best form of anaesthesia for you should be discussed in advance with your doctor.
- The incision is stitched shut during surgery using an absorbable suture. To support the septum, small, flexible silicone splints can be placed inside each nostril. Your doctor may apply bandage-like material to your nose to stop postoperative bleeding (packing).
- You are taken to a recovery room following surgery, where the staff keeps an eye on you and looks out for any complications. You should be able to return home the same day because this procedure is frequently done as an outpatient.
Can You Combine Rhinoplasty with Septoplasty?
Yes, we can often combine a rhinoplasty and a septoplasty procedure. You can change the way your nose looks and get your septum issues fixed at the same time. The cost of your surgery will increase due to rhinoplasty, which is typically not covered by insurance. To determine which options are best for you, discuss them with your doctor.
Don’t make yourself endure discomfort if you struggle with chronic breathing problems. Your quality of life can be significantly enhanced with a safe, satisfying procedure called septoplasty at Royal Cosmetic Surgery Clinic Islamabad.
When the anaesthesia from an outpatient procedure wears off, you can return home the same day as the surgery.
You can try the following suggestions to heal more quickly:
- Blowing your nose after surgery should be postponed for at least three days.
- To lessen swelling, sleep with your head elevated.
- Button-up shirts should be worn to prevent having to pull your clothing over your head.
- The risk of tissue and cartilage gradually changing or moving over time exists even though results are typically stable. Your nasal tissues should be reasonably stable three to six months after your operation.
- After having a septoplasty, many people report feeling better from their symptoms, including breathing issues caused by a deviated septum.
Some people choose to have a second septoplasty to further sculpt their septum and nose because their symptoms persist after surgery in some cases.
Book Your Consultation:
Dr. Naveed Azhar provides a variety of aesthetic procedures for the face, breasts, and body in Islamabad. He is board certified in plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, and otolaryngology. He is an expert in rhinoplasty and procedures. Additionally, Dr. Naveed Azhar provides non-invasive procedures like dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic. Patients travel to him from outside the capital area as well. You can book your consultation by calling us directly or filling out the form given below.