Trauma or decay can break our teeth. By broken tooth, we mean to say that some part of the tooth has come off the gum line. In that case, immediate consultation with a dentist is recommended as your tooth might need a dental crown for support. One of the commonly performed procedures is Root Canal Treatment for Broken Teeth in Islamabad. When a crack is so serious that it extends into the pulp, your dentist or a specialist like an oral surgeon or endodontist may recommend a root canal to remove damaged pulp and restore part of the tooth’s integrity. By doing this procedure, the tooth can avoid acquiring an infection or declining further.
What is a Broken Tooth?
When a crack develops in your tooth, it becomes fractured, also known as cracked or cracked tooth syndrome (CTS). The crack may occasionally be small and barely noticeable. As a result, your teeth may possibly break or shatter. Anyone can get a cracked tooth, but youngsters and the elderly are particularly at risk. Make a dentist appointment as soon as possible if you think a tooth has been injured.
Parts of The Tooth that Can Crack:
There are two parts of teeth:
- The crown: the portion of teeth that is visible and is located above the gums is called crown
- The root: the part of teeth that is not visible and is located below the gums
There are many layers that are involved in the formation of both of these parts:
- Enamel is the visible portion which is white in color and is hard
- Dentin is the middle layer of teeth
- The pulp consists of nerves and blood vessels.
Broken teeth can have an impact on any of them. The location and extent of the damage also influence the type of treatment. There are several signs that a tooth may be fractured, although they are not always present. You must schedule a visit at a dental office if you ever suspect that a tooth is fractured.
Candidates For Root Canal:
People of any age may receive this treatment; there are no restrictions on age groups or other factors. However, there are several prerequisites, such as:
- You must suffer from a gum condition.
- Your tooth is damaged.
- Your tooth has a cavity.
- You are experiencing excruciating pain, inflammation, and discomfort.
Causes of Broken Tooth:
- One of the most common reasons for damaged teeth is age, although other factors such as tooth grinding (bruxism) can also contribute
- If you frequently consume tough foods,
- A root canal or a large dental filling weakens a tooth.
- Trauma, such as injuries received in falls, athletic accidents, or assaults on the body.
Cost of Root Canal in Islamabad:
The cost of Root Canal Treatment for Broken Teeth in Islamabad may range from PKR 12,000 to PKR 17,000 It also depends on a few potential cost factors, such as the professional practitioner charge.
- The clinic’s location and accessibility.
- The clinic’s recognition
- Medicine and anesthesia charges
- The number of sessions required for the procedure
Furthermore, if any impacted person wishes to learn more about cost-related inquiries, please contact us.
When is Root Canal Needed?
Injury to the pulp becomes the cause of root canal treatment. Tooth structure can only be preserved after removing the pulp because sometimes the crown remains intact but the pulp is dead which cannot be detected.
Some of the major causes are:
- Decay because of an untreated cavity
- Cracked tooth
- Tooth injury
- Severe pain and swelling
The Procedure of Root Canal For Broken Teeth:
The following steps are involved in the process of root canal:
- Anesthesization: numbing cream is applied. This will take some time to take effect
- Pulp is removed: the top of the tooth is opened, and files are used to remove the pulp carefully.
- Coating of antibiotics over the area: infection is prevented by coating the area with a topical antibiotic.
- Temporary filling: the small opening at the top of the tooth is opened and filled with the help of sealant material.
Follow-up Treatment After Root Canal:
- You might be given a prescription for painkillers like acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil). Contact your dentist if the discomfort gets severe or persists for many days.
- During the procedure, regular sports may be resumed at some point. Till the damaged enamel is completely filled in or a crown is set on top, refrain from chewing on it.
- Follow-up appointments are required.
- Additionally, getting acclimated to how the enamel feels after the procedure could take several weeks. This is typical and not alarming.
- Regular brushing and flossing are the keys to maintaining long-lasting results.
To save a damaged tooth and restore it to good health and function, root canal therapy is used. Even if there is pulp exposure or severe decay, delaying the pulp will allow for dental restoration with a dental crown. If you are experiencing any signs of a broken tooth and want to have a Root Canal Treatment for Broken Teeth in Islamabad Contact Royal Cosmetic Surgery, Islamabad right away to schedule an appointment for treatment.