Liposuction is a common cosmetic surgery technique that eliminates the body’s stubborn fat deposits. Usually, standard diet and exercise fail to diminish the eliminated fat cells significantly. After the surgery, some people can easily recover but the scar cannot fade properly. If the treated area is your arm, chest, neck or anything then it may need another treatment. So, if you don’t know How to minimise and treat liposuction scars, visit the RCS clinic.
In this blog post, you will learn how to treat a scar if you get it from lipo surgery. Also, you will know when you will be able to see the final results. So, take a moment and read the following details.
An Overview – Liposuction:
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure in which excess fat is removed from the body using a hollow stainless steel tube called a cannula. The cannula is inserted through a small incision in the skin and is used to suction out the excess fat. It can be used to remove fat from various areas of the body, including the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms, and neck.
The procedure is typically performed under local anaesthesia, although it can also be done under general anaesthesia. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure and is not meant to treat obesity. It is intended for people who are at or near their ideal body weight but have pockets of excess fat resistant to diet and exercise.
How To Treat Liposuction Scars?
There are several surgical and non-surgical treatments that can help improve the appearance of scars after liposuction:
- Topical treatments: There are several over-the-counter products that can help to soften and flatten scars, including silicone sheets and gels, vitamin E oil, and topical corticosteroids.
- Pressure therapy: Using a silicone sheet or tape to apply pressure to the scar can help to flatten it.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatments can help to fade the appearance of scars by stimulating collagen production and promoting skin regeneration.
- Dermabrasion: This procedure uses a rotating wire brush or diamond wheel to remove the outer layers of skin, which helps to smooth out the scar.
- Laser resurfacing: This procedure uses a laser to remove the outer layers of skin and stimulate the production of collagen, which can help to improve the appearance of scars.
- Scar revision surgery: This procedure involves removing the scar and closing the wound with stitches to create a finer, less noticeable scar.
Remember that scarring is a natural part of the healing process and it’s not possible to eliminate scars. However, these treatments can help to improve their appearance.
What To Expect In Results?
After getting a suitable treatment, you will obtain effective and satisfying results. It may depend upon the method and the candidate’s scar type. If you are getting non-surgical treatment then it may need multiple sessions to completely fade the scar. However, undergoing surgical treatment can give you results in just a single surgery. So, it is necessary to take good care of the treated area after these procedures.
Is It Effective To Have A Treatment After Lipo Surgery?
Many people frequently ask How to minimise and treat liposuction scars on daily basis. Scar treatment after liposuction can be effective in improving the appearance of scars. The effectiveness of scar treatment will depend on several factors, including the type of treatment being used, the severity of the scar, and the individual’s skin type and healing process.
Remember that scar treatment should not be started until the wound has fully healed, which can take several months. Starting treatment too soon can cause further irritation and delay the healing process.
If you are considering scar treatment after liposuction, it’s important to discuss your options with your surgeon or a dermatologist to determine the best course of treatment for your individual needs.
The Bottom Line!
Therefore, speak to your healthcare practitioner if you see any scars after a liposuction procedure. They might offer to help remove the scars if they think they know why they aren’t fading. So, it would be best to visit the Royal Cosmetic Clinic for the best treatments.