If you’ve ever experienced a cold sore, you are familiar with the symptoms. The burning begins with the tingling, then spreads to the corner of your mouth or the edge of your lip. Then comes the outbreak: a terrible red sore shows up. It cracks open and crusts over a few days later. It should subside in two to four weeks. But if they don’t, you have to get Cold Sores Treatment in Islamabad from the Royal Cosmetic Clinic.
On this page, you will learn about the causes, best treatments and preventions for cold sores. So, take a moment and read the following details.
Why Do Cold Sores Happen?
Herpes simplex is a common virus that causes cold sores. The majority of people are first exposed to the virus as young children or newborns. It cannot be cured. Even while it doesn’t frequently result in cold sores or other symptoms, once you’ve been exposed to anything, it’s always in your body.
Herpes simplex spreads through direct contact. You can catch the virus if you kiss someone who has a cold sore or if you contact their face before touching your own. Sharing lip balm, a fork, a mug, or a razor with someone who has herpes simplex can potentially spread the infection. Although catching the virus from someone who has an active cold sore is more likely, it can still spread from someone who doesn’t have any sores or blisters visible.
it can also infect the eyes or genitalia. For instance, if you wipe your eyes after touching your hands to saliva from an infected individual or if you engage in oral sex with a person who has cold sores.
How To Treat Cold Sores?
At the royal cosmetic clinic, it is necessary to get a checkup and let your experts decide how to treat it accurately. Such skin conditions are usually treated by medication and if they leave scars or dark patches on the skin then there are also some options that are available. Anyhow the treatments are mentioned below
- Antiviral medications: Since viruses are what cause cold sores, antiviral drugs are used to cure them. Your dermatologist might suggest drugs for you to Apply creams like docosanol or acyclovir directly to the sores. Or to take medications orally, such as valacyclovir, famciclovir, or acyclovir.
- Cosmetic treatments: if these cold sores leave scars or patches on the skin then you may get laser skin resurfacing therapy or dermal fillers to fix such aesthetic issues. These treatments will give you smooth and clear skin without any pain or side effects.
if you have any of the aforementioned symptoms, it’s important to seek Cold Sores Treatment in Islamabad because they might not go away on their own. The virus that causes cold sores can spread to other areas of your body if left untreated. Some people get worse and worse and eventually die.
What To Expect In Results?
Prescribed antiviral medication could be useful. Cold sores can last for a shorter period if you start taking this medication right away. Some persons who experience cold sores often use this medication daily. When used regularly, it can aid in preventing cold and sore breakouts.
But if you follow your skin expert’s instructions then you will get satisfying, amazing and effective results. Also, the results may vary from person to person because everyone isn’t the same. So, you have to wait for the right time to be well and keep following prevention and aftercare instructions.
How To Prevent In Future
Generally, your skin specialist will prescribe you some aftercare instructions that are necessary to follow for future prevention. Some common and basic instructions are mentioned below
- Apply a zinc oxide lip balm before sunbathing in the sun if you tend to get cold sores when you’re outside.
- You can use ice packs or prescribed cooling gel if you feel uncomfortable or irritated.
- Try stress-reduction strategies like journaling and meditation if a cold sore appears every time you’re under pressure.
- Do not take blood thing medication during the recovery period.
- people with Cold sores shouldn’t be kissed, and genital herpes outbreaks shouldn’t be the subject of oral sex.
- In case of severe reaction or pain, inform your practitioner, immediately.
What Is The Cost Of Cold Sore Treatment?
The cost of Cold Sores Treatment in Islamabad can vary from person to person because there are some factors that can increase the cost. The practitioner will ask about your concerns and affordability and let you know the exact cost. Anyhow, these common factors can affect the cost of the treatment, as mentioned below
- Choosing an expert dermatologist.
- Location and reputation of the clinic.
- Type of treatment and number of cold sores.
- Other additional charges may require.
Furthermore, if you are willing to know more about the cost or its impacting factors then feel free to contact our team anytime. They will guide you accurately.
Book Your Appointment With Us!
Therefore, Early cold sore treatment in Islamabad might lessen the severity and duration of the outbreak. The better chance you have of limiting the epidemic the earlier you start treatment. If you want to get a suitable treatment then book your appointment with the Royal Cosmetic Clinic. They are highly experts and recommend you best possible ways to treat cold sores.