Dermatologists are expert who treats skin, hair, and nail-related issues. One of the most common issues that usually every man and women experience is skin problems. Furthermore, having dark lips is a very common problem in both genders. So, one of the most raising questions is, Can dermatologists treat dark lips? So, it would be best if you initially consult with the Royal Cosmetic Clinic’s dermatologist and discuss your concerns in detail.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss about the causes and treatments of dark lips. Also, we will discuss what dermatologist says about it. So, take a moment and read the following details.
The Causes Of Dark Lips:
Generally, there are various causes that can make your lips darker and more pigmented. Some major and most common causes are mentioned below
- If you have a family history.
- Excessive sun exposure on your lips’ skin.
- Due to a lot of smoking tobacco.
- Medical conditions like infection or vitamin deficiency.
- Imbalance hormones in the body.
- Increased concentration of iron.
- During pregnancy or after childbirth.
- Any injury to the lips could color them bluish-black.
- Lips may get darker due to allergic reactions to chemicals in toothpaste or cosmetics.
- Due to chemotherapy or other radiation treatments.
What Dermatologist Says?
First of all, our expert dermatologist can treat any type of pigmentation, whether it’s on your face or on your lips. They are professional enough to deal with such minor to major issues very carefully and accurately.
When you consult our experienced dermatologist, they will examine your condition and recommend you a suitable treatment for your black lips. An only dermatologist can treat your discolored lips skin or overall facial skin.
After that, you may have to get multiple sessions of such treatments. Finally, the dermatologist will prescribe you a few aftercare instructions and prevention tips, so that is how you will not experience black lips in the future.
Best Treatments For Dark Lips:
According to Royal Cosmetic Clinic, there are several treatments that are effective for reducing dark lips. Some common options are mentioned below
- Chemical Peels –The lips are treated with a mild acid peel because they are more delicate than the rest of our skin. A mild form of alpha hydroxyl acid found in mandelic peels helps lighten black lips.
- Laser Treatment – it is the most modern method of treating dark lips. It cures a variety of skin conditions, including dark lips. It is not a DIY procedure that can be carried out at home, though. We would require a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to perform laser therapy. Laser therapy works by concentrating strong light pulses deep within your skin. As a result, it eliminates extra melanocytes to restore the skin’s natural hue. In order to promote collagen formation, it also eliminated fine vertical lines.
- Exfoliation lips – Dark lips have responded really well to this lip treatment. Our lips’ skin is distinct from the rest of our body’s skin. As a result, it must be handled carefully. We can prepare a DIY exfoliator at home to treat our lips. We must combine small amounts of almond oil, coconut oil, and coarse salt or sugar to make one (if coarse salt is not available).
All Summed Up!
Therefore, if you are confused about several things like “Can dermatologists treat dark lips?” then feel free to consult RCS for effective and result-providing solutions. Our best dermatologists in Islamabad are professionals that will make your dark lips attractive and pink. It will be your memorable experience with us.